I've always wondered what it would be like to have super long "pop star hair" like the long, flowing, perfectly imperfect waves stars like Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Gigi Hadid, and Kylie Jenner rock.
Would people treat you differently? Would more hair make you feel prettier or sexier? Raccoon extensions are Artisans choice of pop star extensions, Doubling your hair length and thickness. After only a week with long hair, You will learn a lot about extensions, how people react to them, and most of all, about yourself. We had a client take the test! Her name is Judy.
Here is what she learned
1. Extensions aren't for lazy girls. Usually,one washes and blowout their hair in about 30 minutes, sometimes using a straightener to smooth out frizzy spots. Depending on what type of hair you got. The thing about hair estensions are that you select the extension hair which will make your life easier. Although one will have to keep if fresh and healthy through this process but so that no one will know your secret but the ones that can keep a secret!
2. You feel like you're wearing extensions. Full disclosure: Extensions really aren't that comfortable! The tape itched a bit and my head felt heavy with all that extra hair. I never really felt like my scalp was that clean, because I had to be super careful while washing my hair or the faux pieces would get all tangled up. Plus, I burned my hand multiple times curling my hair with a curling iron! Your best bet is to discuss with your stylist which are the best type (not hair type)of extensions they would suggest. It differs with thinning hair, or from a heavy mane of young hair.
3. Long hair inspired me to spend more time on my look. I felt a boost of confidence, and was inspired to wear more makeup, and get more dressed up. It was my birthday a few days later, and I went all out. I got way more ~glam~ than usual this year, channeling the models on the runway and in real life. I know I would have done a more low-key vibe with my regular hair, but I def felt super hot when I showed up at my party.
4. But it also made me more self-conscious. Sure, I felt more confident, but I was also way too focused on what I looked like. I took so many selfies, I started to annoy myself so I continued!! I couldn't stop playing with my hair and talking about my new look with basically everyone. If I were my friends, I definitely would have told me to calm down about my hair. 😐
5. Girls had mixed feelings about my hair. Some friends and acquaintances complimented me on my extensions, but others remained skeptical. One friend even told me, "You look like you could really use a haircut." Harsh! She must have been Jealous!
6. But most guys loved it. I always thought shorter hair made me look "cooler," but it turns out, most guys are as cliché as we think when it comes to hair. It made me roll my eyes a bit when the barista at Starbucks said I looked pretty with my new hair, but I did totally appreciate the free iced tea he gave me. Not all guys agreed with my barista, though. My best guy friend told me short hair on girls is always hotter because it shows they are more confident and don't need to hide behind a long mane.
7. I'm happier with my natural hair. I can totally see why celebs such as Kylie Jenner switch up their hair with extensions and wigs all the time. It's really fun! Extensions are an amazing option for anyone wanting to change their look for just a few weeks or even months. Deciding on what type of extensions is the trick. Tracks(braided) hooks(silicone rings) tape (Not recommenned), Glue in. (Single Strands) Clip ons (highly Recommended) The type is determined by you and your stylist. Happy extensions!!!